Dr. Yvette S. Weber
Dr. Yvette S. Weber serves as the Deputy Director, Armament Directorate, Eglin Air Force Base Florida. The 1,500+ person directorate executes a portfolio valued at more than $52B. The directorate develops, fields, and sustains our combat forces’ highest priority precision weapons, including AMRAAM, HTS, JASSM, MALD, MOP, JDAM, JPF, HTVSF, SDB, P5 CTS, QF-4, QF-16, BQM-167A, Medium Caliber Ammunition, legacy munition, CAD/PAD spares and commodity buys. She is responsible for every aspect of directorate operations – personnel, budget, execution, performance and supportability.
Dr. Yvette S. Weber was born in Astoria, NY. She entered civil service in 1992 prior to completing her Ph.D. in Engineering from the University of Maryland. She has held various assignments in the Air Force Research Laboratory, Headquarters for Air Force Materiel Command, and at the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center. These assignments have spanned the spectrum of basic, applied, advanced technology research, development, and test; systems engineering policy; engineering leadership and management; and system program management across a wide variety of Air Force weapon systems. Prior to assuming her current position, Dr. Weber served as Director of the C-5 Developmental Systems Program Office, Mobility Directorate, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Ohio.
- 2002, Professional Military Education, Air War College, in seminar, Dayton Ohio
- 2000, Postgraduate Study, Engineering Management, University of Dayton, Dayton Ohio
- 1994, Doctor of Philosophy, Aerospace Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park Maryland
1990, Masters of Science degree, Aerospace Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park
1988, Bachelor of Science degree, Aerospace Engineering, Polytechnic University, Brooklyn New
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- 2014 Air Force Meritorious Civilian Service Award, Department of the Air Force
- 2011 AFMC Katherine Wright Memorial Award
- 2008 Chief Engineer of the Year, Aeronautical Systems Center
- 2006 Achievement Award, Department of the Air Force
- 2005 Meritorious Civilian Service Award, Department of the Air Force
- 2001 Federal Women’s Program Achievement Award, AFRL
- 2000 Exemplary Civilian Service Award, Department of the Air Force