Sanner, Robert M.
Adaptive control methods, recursive identification methods, modeling and control of continuou-time, nonlinear dynamic systems, spacecraft trajectory planning
- S.B., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Aeronautics & Astronautics)
- M.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Aeronautics & Astronautics)
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Aeronautics & Astronautics)
- Smithanik, J., Atkins, E., and Sanner, R. (2005), "A visual positioning system for an underwater space simulation environment," AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, & Dynamics, in press.
- Henshaw, C. and Sanner, R. (2004), "Hybrid AI/control system interactions and analysis," Journal of Eperimental and Theoretical Artificial Intelligence, October.
- Thienel, J. and Sanner, R. (2003), "Coupled nonlinear spacecraft attitude controller and observer with unknown gyro bias," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, November.
- Henshaw, C. and Sanner, R. (2003), "A collocation technique for optimal spacecraft trajectory planning," NASA Flight Mechanics Symposium, October.
- Luquette, R. and Sanner, R., (2003), "A nonlinear 6DOF precision formation control algorithm for three body dynamics," Advances in the Astronautical Sciences. vol 119 (AAS 03-007), January.
- Spencer, M, Chopra, I. and Sanner, R. (2002), "Closed-loop neurocontroller tests for piezoactuated smart rotor blades," AIAA Journal, August.
- Luquette, R. and Sanner, R. (2001), "A nonlinear approach for spacecraft formation control in the vicinity of a collinear Lagrange point," Advances in the Astronautical Sciences. vol 109 (AAS 01-330), January.
- Spencer, M., Chopra, I., and Sanner, R. (1999), "Adaptive neurocontrol of simulated rotor vibrations using trailing edge flaps," Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, November.
- Sanner, R. and Kosha, M., (1999) "A mathematical model of the adaptive control of human arm motions," Biological Cybernetics, May.
Submitted Journal Articles
- J. Thienel and R. Sanner, "Hubble Space Telescope Angular Velocity Estimation During the Robotic Servicing Mission," Submitted to the AIAA Journal of Guidance, Navigation, and Control, Fall 2005
- Atkins, E. and Sanner, R. M., "A Damage-ResilientT Flight Planning and Guidance System," Aviation Safety Technology Conference, Denver, CO, Oct 2008.
- Thienel, J., Luquette, R., and Sanner, R., "Estimation of Spacecraft Inertia Parameters," 2008 AIAA Conf. GN&C, Honolulu HI.
- Luquette, R. and Sanner R., "Spacecraft Formation Control: Managing Line-of-Sight Drift Based on the Dynamics of Relative Motion," 3rd International Symposium Formation Flying, Missions, and Technologies, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, April 2008.
- J. Thienel, J. VanEepoel, and R. Sanner, "Accurate State Estimation and Tracking of a Non-Cooperative Target Vehicle," accepted for presentation at the AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, Keystone, CO, August 21-24, 2006
- J. Thienel, J. VanEepoel, and R. Sanner, "Precision Pointing Control and Accurate Target Estimation of a Non-Cooperative Vehicle," AAS Guidance and Control Conference, Breckenridge, CO, Feb. 5-9, 2006.
- J. Thienel, S. Queen, J. VanEepoel, and R. Sanner, "Hubble Space Telescope Angular Velocity Estimation During the Robotic Servicing Mission," AIAA GNC Conference, San Francisco, CA, August 15-18, 2005.
- J. Thienel, S. Queen, J. VanEepoel, and R. Sanner, "Angular Velocity Estimation of a Tumbling Hubble Space Telescope," NASA GSFC Flight Mechanics Symposium, Greenbelt, MD, October 18-20, 2005.
- Sanner, R. and Proffen, D. (2004), "Virtual Rigid Body (VRB) satellite control with formation preserving cross-coupling," 2nd International Symposium Formation Flying Missions, September.
- Strube, M., Sanner R., and Atkins, E. (2004), "Dynamic flight guidance recalibration after actuator failure," AIAA Intelligence Systems Technology Conference, September.
- Chair, Dynamics and Control curriculum committee
- Member, Undergraduate Committee
- ENGR/MATH Curriculum Committee ENGR-A. James Clark School of Engineering
- Doctoral Qualifying Examiner ENGR-Aerospace Engineering