Combined B.S/M.S Program
We are ABET Accredited!
The Department of Aerospace Engineering's undergraduate program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. For more information, visit the ABET website.
ABET ACCREDITATION [pdf]
The combined BS/MS is open to top aerospace undergraduate whose academic performance is exceptional and who meet the following criteria:
- At least Junior status in department.
- G.P.A. of at least 3.8 overall.
- Letter of support from an ENAE faculty mentor. The faculty member should be interested in hiring the student hourly during the senior year and during the summer preceding it, and should be planning to offer a Research Assistantship that will begin as soon as the student obtains the Bachelor's Degree.
- Submit the BS/MS Program Application [pdf] to the Department during the beginning of the second semester of Junior year with the support of a faculty member.
- Begin MS thesis research with a summer internship at UMCP after the junior year.
- Submit a Graduate Application and a Combined BS/MS course Approval Form to the graduate school during the senior year.
- Take graduate level courses during the fall of senior year.
- Finish the remaining graduate courses and a master's thesis as a graduate research assistant.
- The application must also include a Plan of Study approved by the faculty mentor, that lists all courses the student intends to take each semester from the time of admission into the program until completion of the Master's Degree. This plan must also be approved by both the Undergraduate and Graduate Directors.
- Courses that will be double-counted must be clearly identified and a form must be submitted to the Graduate School to approve the arrangement
- Students accepted into this program must also submit a separate but formal application to the Aerospace Graduate Program during their senior year